We've Moved!

We've Moved!
(This is NOT spam. You can click to go to our site, or just enter www.TugboatYarning.com in your web browser. See you soon!)

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Calling All Prayer Warriors


1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NRSV)


It isn't often enough that I talk about faith and the power of prayer.  Wait, wait... let me rephrase that:  It isn't often that I talk about faith and the power of prayer.  I shy away from the topic because it's a personal thing, and I always feel like a novice.  There are so many people that are in our community that are strong, empowered people of faith; people that pray often and look to God whenever a hardship falls to them and when their lives are filled with joy beyond measure.  For me, I'm more the "pray to myself" type, and admittedly, it's when I'm falling asleep and only half paying attention, or really upset about something that I actually bring it to God.

So now, I want to share with you, friends, that there are some great joys happening and there are some sorrows, too.  How about we join together for some good old fashioned prayer?  Here is what has been on my heart:

Wonderful Mommas that are Pregnant and some Beautiful Babies Being Born.
Pray for safety for the child and mother, patience and ease of any anxiety for the parents, an easy delivery and quick recovery, a happy and healthy baby, and that sleep can be plentiful for all.  What a joy new parenthood can be!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. - Pslam 139: 13-14 (NIV)

Future Parents that are Dealing with Infertility or the Adoption Process.
Pray for patience and understanding in a difficult time, let the other work and activities they do prove to be meaningful (i.e.: read as they are doing great things in other parts of their life, and could be considered a "parent figure" in other ways that are so important!)  Know that you are incredible for going through these struggles, and though not everyone understands what you've been through, you should be proud of yourself for your strength and endurance!

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world. - John 16:33 (NIV)

Those with Gains, and those with Losses
Blessings to those who have gotten engaged, married, or met someone new.  Pray for those who have lost someone; those who have passed on, have ended a relationship due to divorce or break-up, or have been unable to reconcile differences or disputes.

Love must be sincere.  Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.  Honor one another above yourselves.  Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. - Romans 12: 9-12 (NIV)

Thanks for reading, and for lifting up these people in your prayers.  I know I've sure felt the power of prayer, and am thankful for all of those that have lifted up some pretty big stuff to God on behalf of the H-G's.

To close, I'd like to share one of my favorite verses:


Philippians 4:13 (NRSV)


Your sister in Christ,

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment